Monday, November 23, 2009

In Case You're Wondering What You Missed...

Friday 11/13: My Dad came and spent the day with us so my Mom could have a "day off" and have lunch, shop and hang out with her sister. My Dad did ok (but not great) up here with us for 5+ hours but that is another story, for another day. I DID manage to clean my house :) and then my Mom came to get my Dad and they stayed for dinner, which was nice.
.
Saturday 11/14: Hubby took Iz to ballet so that I could do last minute party prep. I was pretty much ready so I watched Grey's and hung out alone instead :) I had 13 people show up for my party!!! Even though it was POURING rain which turned my backyard into a POND! It was a ton of fun! Lots of laughs, lots of food and I ended up getting $180 worth of new stuff for $30 because my guests were awesome!
.
Sunday 11/15: Football. Pats lost to the Colts in the last 2 minutes because Bill is a shmuck. Nothing more to say about that.
.
Monday 11/16: A day best forgotten. A SUPER bad day that carried over to Tuesday. Not getting into detail, so don't ask.
.
Tuesday 11/17: A play date at Mel's! I finally got to see her newly painted kitchen/living room (which I helped with, but never saw the finished product) and she always makes me laugh which was a good thing after Monday. But...then I got sick Tuesday night and things just nosedived.
.
Wednesday 11/18: Dragged my sick butt out of bed and said goodbye to Hubby who was going away overnight for work (ugh!) then forced myself to get dressed and bring Iz to the library for story time. We needed to go since we had movies due (which you can't renew AND the fine is a dollar a DAY if they're late!) and it was the Thanksgiving story hour. So, I sanitized my hands before walking in, sent Iz in to listen to the stories while I returned books/movies and picked out new ones. Then I waited FAR away from everyone else during the stories/crafts so as not to pass on my sickness to all the little children. By the time we got home I was dead on my feet and wishing I had brought Iz to Auntie D's and begged fpr her to spend the night. I spent most of the afternoon laying on the couch moaning while Iz watched movies, colored and did stickers and pretty much fended for herself. Bedtime was a relief because I could finally just pass out and not worry about whether Iz was getting into anything.
.
Thursday 11/19: Not a whole lot of relief on the sickness front. Auntie D showed up around 11 and took Iz for the night (HURRAY for Auntie D!!!!) and I promptly went to bed for the rest of the day. Hubby got home around 7 and I greeted him with a groan and a request for WATER!PLEASE! I've been sleeping for hours and I'm PARCHED!!!! ACCCCKKKKKK! *hack*hack*cough*cough*sneeze*
.
Friday 11/20: Finally felt better. Picked Iz up at Auntie D's and then spent the rest of the day relaxing and continuing to recover. Hubby was home so I even got to take another nap!
.
Saturday 11/21: Ballet. Home. Exciting, huh?
.
Sunday 11/22: We went to a 60th Anniversary Party for my Dad's Aunt & Uncle. My parents were not there because my Dad fell down the stairs Saturday and was too sore. Um, yeah. Once again a story for another day. The party was very nice. We made it home early enough to watch the Pats WIN and then Iz slept until 8:30 this morning (and so did I!).
.
.
So that's it. You didn't miss much. I haven't used my camera in well over a week but will remedy that soon since I will be snapping pictures in hopes of taking a good one for our Christmas cards...and, of course, there's a HOLIDAY this week!!! Bring on the T.U.R.K.E.Y.
.

0 comments:

 

Crazy Days with IzzyB © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner